Lumos Language School offers 7 different English proficiency levels through our Intensive English Course. All Lumos courses are taught by highly qualified and trained, TESOL certified instructors with vast experience in teaching the English language to students all over the world. The Intensive English Course was designed for F-1 International Students who are looking for a deep development in their language skills and a desire to have the English language as an important tool to their personal lives, and academic or professional careers. Whether you are preparing to take the TOEFL to attempt to be admitted into an American college or university or simply just want to improve your knowledge of the English language this is the ideal course for you. This course is designed to prepare students for successful study in university level degree programs and for everyday communication.
The Intensive English Course offers 20 classroom hours per week and each semester has a duration of 15 weeks for a total of 300 total classroom hours per semester. Using Communicative Language Training (CLT) as our methodology we strive to give our students the best and most modern language training available. We work to provide a welcoming and supportive learning environment for each one of our students. Students in the Intensive English Course will also practice presentation techniques useful in both academic and professional settings. Course objectives for all levels include Grammar, Reading, Writing and Composition, Listening Comprehension, Conversation and Vocabulary Development.
Classes are offered Monday through Thursday from 9:00am – 2:00pm or in the evenings from 5:00pm – 10:00pm. Before starting this course each student will be required to take an English placement test to determine in which level they will begin their course. Each level has the length period of one semester, after each semester students will advance to the following level if they receive a passing grade.
Fall Semester – Starting September 5th, 2017
- Application Deadline for Students outside of the United States – July 24th
- Application Deadline for Students inside of the United States – August 24th
- Students Transferring-In Deadline – August 29th
- Students Transferring-Out Deadline – August 31st
- New Lumos Student Orientation – September 1st
Winter Semester – Starting January 8th, 2018
- Application Deadline for Students outside of the United States – November 20th
- Application Deadline for Students inside of the United States -December 21th
- Students Transferring In Deadline -January 2nd
- Students Transferring Out Deadline – January 4th
- New Lumos Student Orientation – January 5th